Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Porcelain Prison

Recently, I spoke about Instruments of the Devil, the evil contraptions used to torture Sensei's beautiful coat. I did not reveal to you to the worst evil of all.....

Today, I was subjected to abuse when my student placed me inside the large, white, porcelain prison and then thoroughly assaulted me with an equally loathsome water hose. There are few things in this world that Sensei cannot tolerate and this is one of them.

The heinous water shooting at my coat, the wicked soap trying to find it's way into my sensitive eyes..... I cried out in horror.... I could hear the others yelling back to me from the other room.... It was a dreadful event that I wish not experience ever again! However, how lovely it felt to be towel dried in my students arms. She apologized over and over and hugged me and rubbed me with the towel. She dried and dried and kissed me and told me how brave Sensei was and how she adored me. Nearly groveling but enjoyable for Sensei just the same...

Then we went into the other room where I greeted the others who had been awaiting my return. Because of my cries they were worried for me and clamoring around to check on Sensei. I greeted them all and then rolled and rolled and rolled on the cool hardwood floor. I air dried for several hours (she knows better than to try and blow dry me, for that I would surely lose all composure). She carefully brushed out my clean coat later in the evening.

Sensei cannot think of anything more dreadful than being subjected to the porcelain prison, but the drying...... I quite like the drying. A bittersweet experience indeed.