Saturday, August 15, 2009

Cuisine

Sensei has decided he is not quite content with his cuisine. My students dine on something different every day. Roasted pork, spaghetti, stir fry made from fresh vegetables from the Farmer's Market or Vietnamese salad bowls with a wonderful grilled pork which I quite like. Something different every day. I have decided that I too would like to enjoy different things each day.

Why would my students assume that I would care to dine on the same food every day when they clearly enjoy a wide variety of fresh and delicious foods? I am not implying that the food they prepare for me isn't, for the most part, satisfying and healthy, however, it becomes monotonous eating the same thing every day. For that reason, I have decided to finish my own meals and then help myself to some of Bill's food when he is finished....or even if he isn't. Sensei does not wish to abuse his power, however I will exercise some of it to let Bill know that I would like some of his food. It takes nothing more than a watchful eye. Unfortunately, my student doesn't care for this arrangement and has indicated to me that I should not help myself to Bill's food, which I find a bit irritating. However, Sensei always wishes to keep the peace, so I shall respect that boundary.

My students will need to figure out a way, without upsetting Sensei's body of course, to offer me more of a variety of foods. Perhaps I will have them start adding some fresh cooked food to my meals, this would make Sensei happy and it certainly isn't too much to request considering what I offer them in life lessons.

Yes, I shall indicate that I want more fresh foods, and will let them know I am satisfied by not vocalizing for my meals or staring at Bill for bites of his.