Friday, August 21, 2009

Fosters

Fosters. This is what my student calls the vagabonds that she brings here to stay while they are searching for new homes. Having once been a nomad myself, Sensei is sensitive to opening our home to others less fortunate. Yes, it is true, this honorable master was once living on the streets, wandering, learning and teaching. So you see, I have compassion for those lost souls, however, I see no reason to admit non-Pekingese on a regular basis.

I accept and at times even respect the others in my home, however, if we are to reach out and assist, I see no reason not to start with the lost Pekingese of the world. We welcome a seemingly endless string of others which I accept, however, I quite prefer the company of other Pekingese.

Clearly, my student agrees with Sensei, as Pekingese have top priority. This is not to say others are not welcome, only that, if Pekingese are needy, they shall first be taken. As it should be...