Sunday, August 9, 2009

Pekingese Gatherings

My student has arranged for me to host a "meetup" group so that I may interact and visit with others of my kind. She has invited other Pekingese, none as wise as Sensei, but Pekingese just the same to gather and visit with one another.

I quite enjoyed the outing. Sensei rarely experiences the feeling of excitement, but I believe I shall look forward to doing this again. The gathering consisted of several Pekingese aquaintances of mine, as well as a few others I had not yet met.

Mu Shu, the young enthusiastic and at times foolish Pekingese who studied under Sensei for 4 months while living in my home. Sensei taught Mu Shu all about self control and manners which are the lessons that ultimately got him adopted into his forever home. He quite enjoyed socializing and playing with the other Pekingese, or at least trying to get us to play...

Ming Ming, the shy, wallflower of a Pekingese who studied under Sensei over a year ago. Shy, quiet Ming Ming was so afraid when she came to Sensei, but she left here with a new found confidence that is growing all the time. It was quite nice to see her enjoying the visit with her new sense of self.

Yes, all the Pekingese seemed to enjoy the gathering, but perhaps it was the humans that enjoyed it most of all. All were there with the best of intentions of providing their beloved Pekingese with an opportunity to visit with their own. And indeed the Pekingese did appear to fancy their the visit, but Sensei believes that the humans also relished in visiting with others of THEIR own kind. Others who admire the same as themselves, others who admire the Pekingese.

Ah, it was nice to see these former students and to meet others. Yes, I shall look forward to this gathering next month...