Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Day of Thanks

Today is Thanksgiving. The Day of Giving Thanks. I thought that perhaps, I would share those things that Sensei is thankful for.

Sensei is thankful for my loving students who provide me with a comfortable home, good food and as much love and adoration as I can possibly imagine.

Sensei is thankful for the others. It's true that at times I would prefer to be the only non human living here, the fact is that most of the time, when they respect my boundaries, stay out of my way and act reasonable, I quite like them.

Sensei is thankful for his wisdom. For without it, how could I enlighten all of you.

Sensei is thankful for his health. Despite my impaired vision and allergies, I am quite lucky to be the healthy Peke that I am.

For all of this and so much more, Sensei is thankful.

"A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all other virtues."

~Cicero