Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Farewell summer...

I live inside a beautiful, lush, thick, black and tan coat. It is quite luxurious and I would not trade it for the world, however, when the weather gets warmer so then does Sensei. Sometimes during the summer months it is nearly too hot for me to endure. Great measures must be taken to keep me cool.

My student works very hard to keep Sensei comfortable, which can be a challenging task. Plush beds are provided for our comfort, but thankfully, we have cool hardwood floors which allows Sensei to feel some relief from the heat while lying on them. They have also provided fans for Sensei so that I may have a nice, man made breeze to offer some comfort as well. I quite enjoy lying in the path of the fan. When the heat is very unbearable, my students will use a soft mister on us to cool us down. I don't much care for the mister, for no matter how it is delivered Sensei is not fond of water. On truly horribly hot days, my students will sometimes offer me a cool, damp chamois to lie on, however, I tend to prefer the hardwood to the dampness of the wet chamois. Much water is provided so that I may stay hydrated.

Ahhh, what a relief that all of that is looking like a worry of the past as the summer draws to an end. Sensei will now be able to enjoy the more pleasant weather of my preferred seasons Fall and Winter. Farewell summer.....