Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Day

Both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were delightful! On Christmas Eve my students took Bill on a long walk at Point Isabel, while Sensei, thankfully stayed at home relaxing. I do not care for long walks particularly when I could be lying around relaxing instead. When they returned we were given many gifts that included soft toys for us to play with as well as frosted gingerbred cookies that I quite liked. My students were in for most of the day cooking the prime rib dinner for them and their guest, who thankfully did not bring her dogs along. To be honest, I get along quite nicely with her dogs, but more dogs simply means more of Sensei's space being invaded which is not such a good thing.

Christmas Day was enjoyable. My students went out for the afternoon and then came home to be with Sensei and the others. My grandmother sent home a gift for me. It was a soft, plush, wonderful soccerball with a rope attached. She sent one for Bill as well. While I am sure she loves us all, Bill and I are certainly her favorites. I am personally invited to every family function at my grandmothers house, however, I have to look at all the children and other dogs attending and assess if I wish to be with them for the day. On Christmas Day we were all, as planned, fed prime rib and yorkshire pudding. It was delicious and I could eat it every day of my life if they allowed it. Then we all sat down to enjoy a movie together. The movie was not enjoyable. It was a raunchy comedy with a dreadful plot, but they seemed to enjoy it. I just enjoyed the time relaxing with my family.

Currently, my plan is to lie around enjoying the rest of the year.......