Sunday, May 2, 2010

Champions

Carrot completed her championship today. I am glad for her, however, I am opposed to dog shows and beauty contests in general. I don't believe a dog should be judged on his looks alone, but rather his character, heart and loyalty. A good dog can be homely and a bad dog can be striking. It is what is inside the dog that truly matters. Who he is and what he stands for, not simply how he looks.

Sensei for instance would not be permitted to enter a dog show. For I do not "conform" to their blueprint of what a Pekingese should look like. However, no dog possesses more of what a Peke is meant to be or stands for than Sensei. You may show me a "prettier" dog but you will not show me a Peke stronger in character, heart or loyalty than Sensei. True beauty is in the eye of the beholder....